Thursday, March 13, 2014

Throwback Thursday A Study In Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

A Study in Scarlet (Sherlock Holmes)


A Study In Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle is the first of the Sherlock Holmes stories written. This is where Dr. Watson and Holmes meet and the fun begins.


Dr. Watson has been injured and is recovering from his war injuries and needs an place to stay. Holmes needs a roommate so when they are introduced it seems like a perfect fit for both of them. Dr. Watson soon learns of Holmes quirky eccentric ways and his ability to solve puzzles and mysteries especially when there is a murder to solve. When a body is found with no clues except a ring and word written in blood Holmes and Watson are there to figure it out. So the fun begins in this first book and goes on from there.


As I look back at books I have read in the past that helped me to develop my love of mystery I must and will include the Sherlock Holmes books by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle starting with this first one.


I hope you will give it a try if you haven't read it I don't think you will be disappointed.


Until Next Time:


GRAB A CUP OF COFFEE OR TEA, SOME CHOCOLATE AND A GOOD BOOK AND KEEP ON READING!

No comments:

Post a Comment