Sunday, March 9, 2014

Pies and Prejudice by Ellery Adams Cooks Up a Good Charming Cozy Mystery

Pies and Prejudice (A Charmed Pie Shoppe Mystery #1)




Pies and Prejudice A Charmed Pie Shoppe Mystery by Ellery Adams is the first in the series that I have read and I must admit I found it charming and fun to read. It is a series I will be reading more of.


Ella Mae moves back to Havenwood, GA her hometown after finding her husband cheating on her.  Her serenity and comfort is found in her baking and so that is what she does. Her Mother and Aunts talk her into opening the Charmed Pie Shoppe and help her to make it happen. Ella Mae's new start gets bumpy though when her High School bully's fiancĂ© is killed and Ella Mae is a suspect in his murder. Ella Mae and her Aunts and Mother decide they need to find out who the killer really is and why he was killed to clear Ella's name.


I love the quirky Aunts and Mother they all have a little magic and Ella is just finding out about her magic that is found in her baking and theirs while trying to find the murderer. This is such a fun read and it has everything, twists and turns that makes you keep guessing who the murderer is and why, and I must admit it wasn't who I thought it would be, he has a good mystery plot and enough magic to be fun. I would recommend this book to others who like cozy mysteries.


I love the included recipes also as a plus.


Well there you have it a new cozy mystery series for me to catch up since this was the first in the series and try her Books by the Bay series also.


If you want to know more about her books check out her website at
http://www.elleryadamsmysteries.com/books.html


Until Next Time:


GRAB A CUP OF COFFE OR TEA, SOME CHOCOLATE AND A GOOD BOOK AND KEEP ON READING!

No comments:

Post a Comment