Thursday, February 27, 2014

Throwback Thursday My Choice is The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett
















 I was thinking about classic mysteries that I think all mystery lovers should read and probably right up there on the list with Agatha Christie and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle would be the all time great mystery The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett. This classic is just as good today as when it was written and I believe everyone should read it and add it to their libraries.


Sam Spade is a tough private detective who has to find out who has killed his partner and how does the Maltese Falcon fit into the picture. He is the kind of dogged detective that gets a hold of the bone so to speak and doesn't let go, if Sam is on your trail you might as well give up.  I love the quote “Yes,' Spade growled. 'And when you're slapped you'll take it and like it.' He released Cairo's wrist and with a thick open hand struck the side of his face three times savagely.”
Dashiell Hammett, The Maltese Falcon    


This is probably one of my favorite all time books and characters. I hope if you haven't read it you will. So for my Throwback Thursday choice is The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett. Please give it a try Sam Spade won't disappoint.


Until next time:


GRAB A CUP OF COFFEE OR TEA, SOME CHOCOLATE, A GOOD BOOK AND KEEP ON READING!









No comments:

Post a Comment