Wednesday, February 26, 2014

New Cozy Series and I love it

 Today I am trying to catch up on some of my Reviews of books I have finished recently. I have been doing a lot of reading and have been lucky to read some really good books. One of the books I read was    Final Sentence by Daryl Wood Gerber Final Sentence  A Cookbook Nook Mystery By Daryl Wood Gerber which is a new cozy mystery series and I will give it 5 stars.


Jenna returns home to Crystal Cove to open a Cookbook store and café with her Aunt Vera hoping to find a new start and be able to move on after her husbands death. Her life gets real interesting when her friend Desiree Divine, who is the first celebrity chef to come sign her books at the store, ends up  murdered and Jenna is consider a suspect. Jenna has to solve her friends murder and get her name off the suspect list without becoming a victim too.

I love the idea of a Cookbook store like this one that has more than just cookbooks, it has the cookbooks, cooking supplies and culinary cozy mysteries. What a great idea and I really found myself wishing that I could go to this shop or better yet own it. The suspects on the list of could be killers is enough to keep you guessing to the end of the book. Jenna is a strong, capable, but at times emotional woman, who is determined to make sure the sheriff, whose mother is bent on making Jenna the one convicted of the murder, take her off the suspect list  and to find the real killer. She gets into to some sticky situations and puts herself in danger trying to find the answers. I enjoyed the book and the plot and setting were unique. This is a winner and I can't wait till the next one comes out on 4 March 2014
Picture of Inherit the Word.
Inherit The Word A Cookbook Nook Mystery by Daryl Wood Gerber


If you would like to read an excerpt from Final Sentence you could check out this link
http://www.darylwoodgerber.com/pdfs/books/FinalSentence_chapter1.pdf



No comments:

Post a Comment