Thursday, February 20, 2014

Throwback Thursday Agatha Christie Fan from Teen Years

This Throwback Thursday I wanted to share my love of Agatha Christie. I think from the first book of hers I read I loved her. I read Murder On The Orient Express and I jumped on that train of Christie Fans and I never got off it. I love Agatha Christie books and I decided to read all her books again when I was given as a gift some of her books. I decided to read them from the beginning and not jump around if I can. I started with her first book of Hercule Piorot The Mysterious Affair at Styles (Hercule Poirot #1) by Agatha Christie
The Mysterious Affair at Styles


I enjoyed reading this again as much if not more than when I read it the first time.


  Hastings is recovering from a war injury and joins an old friend at his family home Styles. Mrs. Inglethorpe the step mother of Hastings friend John is poisoned while Hastings is staying there.
Hastings enlists the help of the Belgian detective Hercule Poirot to help find the killer. Hercule leads Hastings around trying to groom him into using his as Hercule would say "his little grey cells" to find the killer. We see from this first book that Hercule is pompous, full of himself and very good as a detective while Hastings seems to always jump to the wrong conclusions and Poirot has to show him the errors of his ways in Hastings thinking.


Their are many suspects that could have killed Mrs. Inglethorpe so it isn't an obvious easy mystery but one that you have to keep changing how you think and who you think has done the deed.


You can't go wrong reading this book either again or for the first time. Agatha Christie has a way of keeping your interest by never making the murder simple and easy to solve.


I hope if you have never read any of Agatha Christie's books that you will give them a try and maybe start from the beginning with this book.


Until Next time:


GRAB A CUP OF COFFEE OR TEA, SOME CHOCOLATE, A GOOD BOOK AND KEEP READING!





No comments:

Post a Comment