Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Cozy Mysteries Recipes Weekly Challenge Wk 1 featuring Laura Childs A Teashop Mystery recipe

I know I am a day late letting you know which Cozy Mystery Recipe I will be trying this week but here is the one I have chosen.
Haley's Butter Cake taken from Agony of the Leaves A Tea Shop Mystery by Laura Childs. This sounds like a great cake that will go good with Apple Butter or Chocolate drizzled on it. Either way sounds fantastic. I will be baking this later in the week and will share pictures and how it tastes so check to find out how it turns out.

If you want more information on Laura Childs and her books you can go to her website at
http://laurachilds.com
She has three mystery series right now which are
The Tea Shop Mysteries
The Scrapbook Mysteries
The Cackleberry Mysteries

If you haven't read any of her books you should. The Tea Shop Mysteries include recipes and information on Teas and Tea Time tips.  Her Cackleberry Mysteries have recipes also. I will be reviewing the Agony of the Leaves by Laura Childs later.

I love when I can combine the things I enjoy like cooking, baking and reading.

If you have any suggestions of books and recipes from those books for this challenge let me know by leaving a comment at the bottom of this post. Until later

GRAB A CUP OF COFFEE OR TEA, SOME CHOCOLATE, A GOOD BOOK AND KEEP READING!

4 comments:

  1. I'll be itnerested to see what you think.

    I've only ever tried some recipes from Joanne Fluke's books, and they were delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let you know going to bake tomorrow and will post the results. Which recipes from Joanne Fluke's books have you tried? Can younsuggest one for me to try?

      Delete
    2. The ones I have made the most are the cheesecake from Cherry Cheesecake Murder and the Peach Cobbler Murder title recipe. Those are my favorites. I've also made the Key Lime Pie and eaten lots of others that other friends have made. Plus she's brought some to signings. Really, I haven't had one I didn't like yet.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Mark I love Joanne Fluke's books and I will have to give some of her recipes a try too. I plan on making some of hers in this challenge.

    ReplyDelete