Monday, February 25, 2013

On to book 4 and 5 of Cozy Marathon

The Cozy Mystery Marathon is still on going. I have finished book 3  Murder By The Slice A Fresh-Baked Mystery by Livia J. Washburn and I once again enjoyed the book. Phyllis, Carolyn, Eve and Sam all are retired school teachers that seem to get involved in solving murders at the most unusual ways that always seem to involve a food contest.  When the head of the PTO ends up murdered Phyllis decides to try to find out who could be the murder.  This book was more predictable than the first one but still was well worth the read.  The recipes at the end look really good too. Recipes are always a plus and I think I will be trying a gluten free version of Phylis cookies and Carolyn's cake. If you like Murder She Wrote or Miss Jeffries books I think you will like this series. Give it a try. The characters are down to earth, older and its from a small town. Worth the read for sure.
I have started book 4 Just Desserts A Savannah Reid Mystery by G. A. McKevett and 5 Peril In Paperback A Bibliophile Mystery by Kate Carlisle since I got behind. It is not unusual for me to read two or three books at once as long as they are just different enough not to get the characters confused. I must admit I am also reading Inheritance by Christopher Paolini.

Since this is the beginning of the new week what is everyone else reading? Who are some of your favorite authors?


Grab a cup of coffee or tea, a good book and some chocolate and Keep Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment