Thursday, May 9, 2013

What are you reading?

Hope all of you are having a great day and week. It is back in the 60's and 70's here so we have the windows open and enjoying the fresh air. I have been busy crocheting and reading as well as cooking, baking and in my spare time doing genealogy. I have been busy and loving every minute of it. What other hobbies do you have besides reading? I love genealogy, crafts, crocheting, camping, hiking, cross stitch and of course reading. I think you can find a mystery book that just about covers all of these and I try to do just that. If you like the outdoors Nevada Barr has a good series Anna Pigeon Mysteries set in National Parks. Good series for cooking and baking are Joanne Fluke Hannah Swensen series, Krista Davis A Domestic Diva series, Livia J Washburn A Fresh Baked Series, Laura Childs with her Tea Shop Mystery Series and Cackleberry Club Mystery Series, Cleo Coyle with her Coffee House Mystery series, Avery Aames with her A Cheese Shop Mystery Series, Daryl Wood Gerber with the new series The Cookbook Nook Series, and Jenn McKinlay Cupcake Bakery Mystery series and the list can go on and on. There even genealogy mystery series of which I haven't read any yet but plan too. Just about anything you are interested in has a cozy mystery series probably. A great site to help you find a series and I use it all the time is http://cozy-mystery.com/ go to this site and see if you can find a series and author you like.

I finished reading Too Big To Miss an Odelia Grey Mystery by Sue Ann Jaffarian. It is the first book in the series and I liked it. Good book. Odelia Grey is a BBW who is middle aged and never married. When her friend dies she finds out some shocking secrets about her and has to find out what really happened to her. Good twists and fun read. It is humorous at times, touching, add a little romance and a good keep you guessing mystery and it all equals a fun good read.

I am now reading another book of Sue Ann Jaffarian, Ghost in the Polka Dot Bikini A Ghost of Granny Apples Series book 2. I really enjoyed the first book in this series and so far this book is right up there with the first.

Tell me about your hobbies, and what you are reading. Looking forward to reading your comments.

For now Grab a cup of Coffee or Tea, some chocolate, and a good book and KEEP READING!


No comments:

Post a Comment