Sunday, September 10, 2017

Excellent Fun Surprising Mystery in Ax To Grind by Tonya Kappes





Ax To Grind A Kenni Lowry Mystery by Tonya Kappes is a top-notch, down-home, fun small town mystery that leaves you with a smile and wanting more.

Sheriff Kenni Lowry has another murder on her hands when the assistant to the author Beryle Stone who has recently died is found dead. Beryle Stone left a tell all manuscript that has Cottonwood a buzz and gets Cecily her assistant murdered. With the ghost of Kenni' s Poppa and Deputy Finn Vincent helping her Kenni has to find the manuscript and the murderer before anyone else finds it or is hurt. Oh and if that isn't enough she has to deal with Momma who has taken it on herself to make sure Kenni is re-elected Sheriff.

I love this book. I could see myself right in the middle of all the hubbub in Cottonwood. Kenni is smart, strong-willed and yet has a good heart for others too. I have to say I laughed at all the ways Momma gets under Kenni' s skin with all her shenanigans. She is the typical Mother who will harp,  meddle and argue but turns into a Mother Bear when she thinks someone is wronging her daughter, oh boy watch out.

 Kenni's relationship with her Poppa touches my heart and is one of the things I like about this book and series. He, even as a ghost, is still ornery yet his mind for the investigation is as sharp as ever and I love when he does his  ghosting places to see what is going on for Kenni. I laughed so hard when Kenni finds out that her Poppa is the inspiration for one of the people in Beryle's steamy books. I could just see Poppa's face and Kenni' s too when she found out.

This book is just plain fun wrapped up in a good mystery with such a surprise ending. The town, the characters, the mystery with unique twists, and the paranormal aspect adds up to a must read don't want to miss book.

The only ax I have to grind is that when I finished the book I wanted more and I have to wait for the next book to come out. I loved this book and I highly recommend it. is a top-notch, down-home, fun small town mystery that leaves you with a smile and wanting more.

If you want to learn more about this book or Tonya Kappes other books check out her webpage
tonyakappes.com

Until Next Time:

GRAB A CUP OF COFFEE OR TEA, SOME CHOCOLATE , A GOOD BOOK AND KEEP ON READING!

No comments:

Post a Comment