Monday, January 2, 2017

Edge of your seat Suspense in Close Call by Laura DiSilverio













I am challenging myself to read 52 books this year or more. I read several different genres but mystery and suspense are my favorites. First book of the year is Close Call by Laura DiSilverio.

Wow what a book to start the year off. This is an edge of your seat, hold your breath, fantastic, suspenseful book. I loved it and once I started  I couldn't put it down. I found myself caught up in the story and when Sydney was caught in the  cross hairs of an assassin I found myself holding my breath willing her to move and not get shot.  I am a big fan of Tom Clancy books and Robert Ludlums Jason Bourne and this book is right up there with them.

When Sydney inadvertently picks up the wrong cell phone , which happens to be the burner phone of an assassin, and gets a call saying it was  time to kill Montoya that's when bad things start happening. Her fiancĂ© Jason is killed by mistake when the assassin mistakes him for Sydney, because he assumed the name meant it was a guy. He has to make it right and still kill his contract while dealing with Sydney, the loose end. Sydney wants to find out who killed Jason, get the police to believe her that there is a contract out on Sen. Montoya and still stay alive. Things keep going wrong and people have to be killed and Sydney needs to find the killer without getting killed. Can she do it? Her sister Reese tries to help but ends up shot and now Sydney is on her own to find the answers. Can she find out who the killer is and more importantly who contracted  him? Will she survive? Will the people around her survive?

I like how Laura DiSilverio makes the story about both the struggles of Sydney and the assassin. She lets us see the story unfold from both of their perspectives and it adds to the story. She has an excellent suspenseful plot  and well developed characters and story line.  The story just flows and the whole time I was reading this book I was thinking this would be such a good movie.

I hope if you like a good suspenseful read then you will read this book.

If you want to learn more about this book and her other books you can at:
http://lauradisilverio.com/

If you would like to purchase this book you can at:

https://www.amazon.com/Close-Call-Laura-DiSilverio/dp/0738749206/ref=sr_1_1_twi_pap_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483378535&sr=8-1&keywords=close+call+disilverio+laura


http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/close-call-laura-disilverio/1123288622?ean=9780738749204

I hope you will check this book out.

I received a copy of this book from the author for my honest opinion and review

Until Next Time:

GRAB A CUP OF COFFEE OR TEA, SOME CHOCOLATE, A GOOD BOOK AND KEEP ON READING!





No comments:

Post a Comment