Friday, September 23, 2016

Grave Heritage A Darcy and Flora Mystery by Blanche Manos is an exceptional mystery


Grave Heritage (Darcy & Flora Cozy Mystery Book 4) by [Manos, Blanche Day]


Grave Heritage A Darcy & Flora Cozy Mystery by Blanche Day Manos is another great book in this series. I think each book has gotten better and this one is no exception. I love the relationship between Darcy and her mother Flora and how they are strong, faithful, intelligent women. This book grabs you from page one and keeps you reading because you never know what is going to happen next. I could not put it down.

Darcy and Flora have an unexpected visitor come to the door in the middle of a storm. The mystery starts right then when the man takes one look at Flora and runs only to be discovered later dead when Darcy stumbles over him at old Ben's house and Jasper is suspected of maybe murdering him. The mystery deepens when Mort the newspaper man dies too. There are other puzzles popping up, things from the past that Darcy is bound and determined to figure out, as well as a new mysterious Pastor. All  of this adds up to one intriguing read. Will Darcy and Flora be able to figure out the mysteries, as well as try to clear poor Jasper of the murder before they are in danger too?

I really enjoyed this book. It has all the right elements with several puzzles, mysteries and more than one suspect with an unique situation or two where you don't see what is coming next. I love that they are women of faith and that the author Blanche Day Manos adds this into what makes these two women strong.  I love the small town atmosphere and the way that the outdoors and nature plays into the story and adds that extra element of tension and uncertainty. I can not find enough adjectives to describe just how much I love this book and series. If you like a good cozy mystery with a good plot, puzzles, faith, strong characters then you have to read this book.

Blanche Day Manos has a way with her writing that you can just feel the tension and uneasiness that her characters feel. Here is one of many examples of that
"My scalp tightened and the hairs on my arms stood up. A strange feeling came over me. Someone, somewhere, was watching us. I gazed around the yard but saw no one. All was quiet. The serenity of the afternoon belied the loss of life which had happened here. Were my nerves so overwrought they were playing tricks on me? Obviously, no one was around, but the cold feeling of dread was real."

I love how Darcy explains about the small town Levi " Levi is a small town, I said, " and a stranger might think everyone here lives a peaceful, open life, but I believe we have as many secrets as we have trees. This quiet surface is deceptive." Doesn't that just imply so many puzzles and mysteries that Darcy and Flora still have to solve.

My most favorite quote that really struck a chord with me was when Darcy talked about how her mother Flora in the midst of all the chaos has a strength that she gets from her faith and she states how important reading the Bible is to her mother.

 " I need to have my daily spiritual vitamins," she had told me more than once." Wow that  is so powerful when you think about it.. Strength comes from our knowing and reading the Bible and boy do they both need it from what they have to face in this adventure.

I can't wait for the next adventure that Darcy and Flora find themselves in.

If you would like to purchase this book or the other books in the series you can from here:

http://www.pen-l.com/GraveHeritage.html

https://www.amazon.com/Grave-Heritage-Darcy-Flora-Mystery/dp/1683130316/

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/grave-heritage-blanche-day-manos/1124432604?ean=2940153684826

You can learn more about Blanche Day Manos and her books at
http://www.blanchedaymanos.com/

I hope you will read this book and series. It is a great adventure.

I received this book from the Publisher for my honest opinion and review


Until Next time:

GRAB A CUP OF COFFEE OR TEA, SOME CHOCOLATE, A GOOD BOOK AND KEEP ON READING!

3 comments:

  1. Deb, this is a beautiful write-up. Thank you for all the kind words. I'm very glad you enjoy Darcy and Flora and their adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Blanche. I love your books and want to share them with all.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Blanche. I love your books and want to share them with all.

      Delete